Friday, October 11, 2013

Santa Fe Stuffed Bell Peppers

I love stuffed peppers but I don't always like just the meat and rice.  I started to feel that they need some freshening up, they need some more flavor and needed to be a little healthier.  I used those peppers from when I went down to niles to make this recipe.  Instead of using beef to make it healthier I used chicken breast and cut that up.  To add some color I used cream corn but I strained it first before I added it in to the mix or you can use normal caned corn.  I also add in so tomatoes and red beans to give it even more color.  

I love this recipe and so does my family it was  something different from what I normal make.  It had the taste of some type of mexican or spanish dish or maybe even tex-mex.  I will defiantly be making this recipe again because it was a hit in my house and maybe in yours.  

3 green peppers
1 cup Brown rice
2 chicken breast
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup shredded Coby Jack cheese
2 roman tomatos 
1/2 can red kidney beens drained
1 can corn
1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika  
salt and pepper
1 cans cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups of milk 


Cut peppers in half long ways and remove the top. Then cook your chicken and rice.  Dice the tomatos in to 1.2 inch.  Once chicken is done cooking sheered the chicken.  Place the chicken, rice, tomatos, beens, corn, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese and paprika and salt & pepper in a bowl and mix together.  Then place the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.  Then stuff the peppers with the mixture.  Mix together the milk and can of cream of chicken, pour over then top of peppers and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.  Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or till peppers are soft at 350.  
Or you can try the tradition stuffed peppers 
 http://southernfood.about.com/od/stuffedpepperrecipes/r/bl30220q.htm 




No comments:

Post a Comment