Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Alfredo Spaghetti Squash

I recently went down to a town about 20 miles south of where I am from called, Niles Michigan.  It located about 5 miles north of the Michigan boarder to Indiana.  My boyfriend lives down there so I am down there pretty offended.  One of the things That I love about him is his family one because they love me and too which is more important, his mom works at popular farm stand right outside of the town.  I was able to go over there last Friday and pick up a few things.  2 Butternut squash, 2 spaghetti squash, 1 sweet potato squash, and 3 green peppers.

One thing that I wanted to try was to make a Alfredo with the spaghetti squash, because I thought it might taste a little better then what most people do which is to top it off with a tomato sauce.

       



Once squash is cooked place inside in a bowl and make sauce

Recipe 
2 tablespoons of butter 
1 tablespoon flour 
1/2 cup milk 
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 teaspoon garlic

once you have made the sauce go ahead and mix it with the squash. Then place back in the squash and sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven for 8-10 min or till browned at 300 degrees.  

This is also a recipe that is also good that could be used instead 



No comments:

Post a Comment