Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Restrictions

   I love food there's no denying that, I always have and will. Ever scene I was six years old I have been sitting on my counter making cookies with my dad out of jiffy mix.  From that day on I have know that is something I truly love.  I have never had any issues with any form of food.  This was great for me because I was able to eat just about anything I wanted, and gave me lots of creativity.  Finding out that I am no Lactose Intolerant has been hard on because it tightens what I can eat and the ingredients that go into my recipes. I am not letting my new "restriction" get in my way of the one thing I love.  Cooking!
   Thanks to new products coming out to help accommodate the increasing mass of people's allergies to common ingredients can now enjoy the food that they love.  This Also gives people the ability to be as creative as people who don't have such allergies. New products like milk and flour made from nuts and other natural products are new things that have help people who love to cook and love to eat.   I have found out that I don't care for the taste of soy milk to much and nor do I care for almond milk or anything almond flavor but, that's off topic.  I have never tried any types of flours made from nuts just simple cause I haven't have a use for them.  You can get almond, coconut...ice  


Baked Pumpkin Dugouts
1 3/4 cup flour 
1 1/2 t baking powder 
1/2 t salt 
1 1/2 t pumpkin spice
1/3 c oil
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t vanilla 
3/4 can pumpkin
1/2 c soy milk

Sift the first four ingredient together and whisk the other together slowly fold in the flour mix to the pumpkin mix put in greased baking sheets and bake for 15 mins at 350 


No comments:

Post a Comment