Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Time


   Thanks to my graphic teacher I am now the new proud owner of a baby medium pumpkin.  I am calling it that because it’s not a mini pumpkin but it’s about the size of medium pumpkin so it's not huge, but I love it.  In my boyfriend words "its fun size" just like me because it’s just the right size not to big not to small.  It's perfect, it looks like the perfect pumpkin it’s the right color but it has a little spot on it that looks like a heart.  My grandmother once told me that she had made a pumpkin pie with a real pumpkin, that was about 2 years ago when she had told me that.  I beat that it was actually more like 30- 40 years ago when she really did. At the time it seemed really impressive to me that she did that but now that I have gotten more experienced, I have now decided to take on this challenge myself. 
  
 I feel as if I can do this now maybe a year ago I would never be able to but, for the last month I have been baking all kind s of squash; butternut, spaghetti, and sweet potato.  This was really fun for me one because it wasn't too hard and I didn't have to do much with it.  One thing I learn is that it has an earthy taste but I like it but I don't know much of it I can take with having butter, salt, and pepper.  I feel that they just need some spicing up sometimes or need to be thorn into a soup or something with things that have other textures like; nodules and veggies.   
   
   I didn't know how to go about this at all.  I thought maybe I could make the pumpkin like I did to the squashes or was I going to have to do something completely different. So I refereed to the world wide web to find my answer on how one cooks a pumpkin.   A lot of the ones I came across I was going to have to cut it up and put into a pan and peel later and cutting into a hard uncooked pumpkin; one seem like to much work, and second I didn't want to menipulate my hand in the process.  I then came a across the best way ever to cook a pumpkin on Heavenly Homemakers .  Basically you put the whole pumpkin in the oven and bake it for an hour and a half.  Then cut the pumpkin and deseed it and then peel it.  Basically you do everything in reverse then all the other websites.  

   I am going to try this when I get home after I go to the store.  I am making pumpkin cookies out of these.  I will give a review tomorrow.
This is my Pumpkin!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment