Monday, October 21, 2013

My Dest to Dutch Pancakes

Something that I just learned about a few months ago is called a Dutch baby pancake.  The first time I heard about it was when we were going to make them in a culinary class,  I was upset because I had miss the day that we were going to make them cause I had to go some where else so I missed class that day.  Later that week I came across the recipe on Pinterest and and had decided to make it that morning because it was a Saturday and I didn't have class.  So ran to my kitchen and grabbed everything that I would need in order to make it.  I was hoping that it would taste like a pancake but to my surprise it tasted more like an egg dish.  I had one piece and add some berry.  The one piece that I tried was like a fritata but sweet and a little bit more like a pancake which i guess where it gets its name from.  I tried to have another piece but i couldn't get my self to do it.  I hated the taste of it, I can understand why some people might like it but, i just don't like things that are a mix of pancake, and and egg dish its not right.  I think if your going to try anything that's made from a majority of eggs you should try a quiche i love those thing especially the one with bacon and spinach or a cheese one.       

I dont understand how people can consider this a pancake it doesn't taste like one to me at all.  I believe if your going to make something that taste like a pancake and is made in a over then make it actually taste like one.  If your like me then try this baked pancake.  it kind of seems like a cake to me but, the word cake is in the word pancake so maybe this will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment