Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet Honey Catalina Chicken Pasta


The other day I had to make dinner for myself, which is not unusual in my house at all cause no one is ever home.  I really only had some chicken and pasta and some other stuff in my fridge that didn't think was very useful to me till I thought about.  I saw the sweet honey Catalina in my fridge.  I thought it would make a good pasta and chicken dish if I added them together.  The fresh part that comes in with this recipe is the tomato it doesn't matter what kind as long as there ripe.  Around me in the summer and in the begging of fall we have tomato around here. So I thought this was a great use for them.  They don't have to be cooked you could just mix them in at the end.  I love this recipe because it’s not too spicy and has a sweet taste too.  I am sure that this would be a great recipe for families or just anyone who wants to try something new.  

Ingredients 
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced 
5 medium Tomato’s
4 Boneless chicken breast 
1 1/2 c Sweet Honey Catalina Dressing 
1/2 c Half and Half 
1/4 c water 
1c sliced mushrooms
1/3 c parmesan cheese 
1 lbs. of Rotini Pasta a
Salt and pepper to taste 

  Boil water in large pot, once boiling salt the water, and then add in pasta.  Mince the garlic and deseed the tomatoes and cut into strips about 1/2 inch then cut the strips in half once ( if you want them larger you do don't have to cut again)
Place the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes in a large skillet.  Cook for 2 mins.  Place chicken on top and brown each side just a little bit.  After that add in the dressing, and half &half.  Place lid over the top of skillet and let cook for 5-7 minutes or till chicken is cooked.  Check the sauce every so often, if the sauce begins to thin add in the water.  Once chicken is cooked add in the salt, pepper, and cheese.  Remove chicken and Place on plate to be served. Drain pasta and add in sauce place in different bowl. 

Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment