Monday, September 30, 2013

Dark Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

I know this has nothing to do with fresh produce but I had found a recipe like this one that sound really good to me.  I was really in the mood to bake tonight, I had one egg left in my fridge and just a little bit of shorting left that I needed to use up.  So I thought to my self I should make cookies tonight.  I didn't want to make normal chocolate chip cookies cause one I didn't have enough semi-sweet chocolate chips and second I had a full bag of dark chocolate chips self  that I need to use up.  So I thought This might just be the perfect recipe to make tonight considering I had some time on my hands and I was home by my too, which is always a plus, cause tonight I didn't really feel like spending time with people.

The reason I love this recipe so much is because it bring my too favorite things together salty and sweet.  Although these were a little bit more sweet then salty but, they still had the little bit to them which makes me happy.  The reason these cookies happen to be a little more sweet then salty was because I had decided to roll them in sugar before baking them.  They may have happened to be a little to sweet but I didn't care.  I think next time I  wont thought Because I would had liked to taste the salt from the pretzel more.

Although they might not be a fall cookie I still think that they are going to be perfect for a cold last night in September.

Recipe
1/2 cup shorting 
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla 
2 cups flour 
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
1/2 cup crushed pretzel

Cream butter, shorting, and sugars together. Then add in egg and vanilla. Sift the flour, corn starch  and baking soda together.  Then fold in, then mix in the chocolate chips and pretzel.  Roll into balls place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 mins on 350.  

No comments:

Post a Comment